A Groom’s Guide To Picking The Wedding Shirt
Some ladies are so keen on their shopping senses that we sometimes feel like we have nothing left to teach them. When it comes to men, however, their shopping sense is not that… acute! So, if there are any men out there who need help in picking the right shirt for their wedding, give them this article.
First of all, the shirt has to match the theme of the wedding. If you’re having a classic, traditional wedding, the cut and color of the shirt have to be simple. At an out-of-the-ordinary wedding, you can opt for shirts in bolder colors and even choose shirts with cleavage or without any buttons.
The next step would be choosing the color. You can opt for a white shirt worn under a tux or you can chose a color that matches the bridal bouquet. If you don’t plan on wearing a jacket on top, the shirt has to perfectly match the color of your pants.
Make sure you pick a shirt with the right fabric. If your wedding is in the summertime, you want to pick a shirt made from vaporous fabrics. Also make sure you pick a shirt that fits your size. If you pick a shirt that’s too loose over your pants, you’ll look sloppy. But a shirt your own size, tucked in your pants and worn with a jacket over it, will make you look impeccable.
Here are some extra tips on choosing the right shirt:
- Pick a shirt that you can wear even after the wedding.
- Pick a fabric that won’t crinkle easily.
- Always check the label. There are some fabric that can only be chemically cleaned.
- Never buy a wedding shirt without trying it on. It is important to pay attention to the length of the sleeves or the diameter of the collar because these are different from one manufacturer to another.
- Before the wedding day, wear the shirt buttoned up to the last button. Wear it for a couple of hours, just to make sure the material doesn’t bother you.
- Buttons can be different in color or pattern compared to the rest of the shirt. Opt for shirt with white or pearl buttons – they will make your outfit look more elegant.